Birds of Earth 2012 -- Call for Entries
HOW TO ENTER
The best way to enter for either the Birds of Earth or Owls of Earth 2012 calendars is to first visit the Format page as well as look at the 2011 Calendar to see what kind of images work with type. Next send an email with either a link to your website, a tagged photostream set like "Australian Birds" or "Owls," or include any number of links in your email to specific photographs that you'd like to bring attention to.
If you don't have a website or photostream that you can link to, you can attach a few low to medium rez photos per email and enter them that way instead. Attachments of more than a few MB will likely bounce from my mailserver.
Either way, please use this link: firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you send images by email, please do not crop your photos to the 4x6 format!!! A photograph's best chance of being chosen is to enter it uncropped for maximum flexibility in the editing and design process.
• If you have photographs of birds from different regions of the world, increase your chances by including entries from different regions.
• Wherever possible, provide each photo with a caption or text that includes:
For example: Bat Falcon (Falco rufigularis), The Peten, Guatemala, photo by Phillip Augusta
Any additional information about the photograph is welcome, but the above is the minimum necessary to mock up a dummy.
• If a higher resolution image is needed, I'll be in touch with you. No image entered will be published anywhere without your express permission first.
• Please do not enter photographs that you do not hold the copyright to!
for 2013 Birds of Earth calendars is May 30th, 2012.
Contributors will be announced on this website in the summer of 2012.